Follow me in other places!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 20, 2010

Arsenal themed Dartboard cake

UPDATE! I have now started my own cake making company! Please visit my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CustomCakeStudio and give it a like! :-)

This was a cake I made for my friend who is a big Arsenal fan, and who plays darts!

I baked a 12 inch round chocolate cake for the base, covered it in buttercream and then put down a layer of white rolled icing. Then I printed out a picture of a dartboard which I stuck onto card and cut out. I laid this onto the top of the cake (after letting it dry overnight) and marked the circle with a cocktail stick. Then I cut out one of the sections of the dartboard and used this as a template for the red icing shapes.


It was then a case of slowly cutting out red shapes and sticking them on, leaving gaps for the white, until I had got all the way round. I then used black piped icing and did the lines on top, and then wrote out all the numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment